Calvary Chapel Green Valley Henderson, NV…what’s been your experience?
http://calvarychapel.pbworks.com/w/page/13146634/FrontPage Visit this site for a list of all of Calvary Chapel’s false teachings including Chuck Smith’s gnostic, false teachings on the resurrection of believers, false authority structure, who the anti-christ will be, when Jesus will return, etc. Hear Chuck’s audio teaching here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtXhF10iDM&app=desktop
http://www.piratechristian.com/berean-examiner/azusa-redux-lou-engle-greg-laurie-uniting-denominations Visit this site to view Calvary Chapel’s recent apostasy.
https://vimeo.com/54498513 Please watch this helpful video before reading this post no matter what church you attend. This is helpful information for every Christian regardless of church.
“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
“Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” (1 John 4:4)
“Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” (2 Cor. 3:17)
Please read the comments at the end of this post. I have also posted (at the end) a few of the negative business reviews that were deleted on Yelp. Please also view the “Welcome Message” tab on the top of this website and read the comment at the bottom of the page from a reader pertaining to his experience at Calvary Chapel Green Valley.
The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) has officially stated that Calvary Chapel Green Valley was “promoting erroneous information” (to the public on their public website within the school section for over three years) and are “not allowed” to do that. See end of this post for the photo of the email from an official ACSI representative.
Some readers may be wondering why we removed the photo screenshot of the eye witness account of a former member saying she hopes CCGV will be convicted and repent of their sins toward some of the children and change their ways. We did this because of lack of having the whole story and was not sure if the photo should be placed on the internet. We did not know what sins toward youth the woman had witnessed and because of the lack of clarity, removed the photo. Of course, this ministry still has this photo (and many other photos) on file.
Before you read this, we want to say that this ministry loves ALL people including ALL fellow people at Calvary Chapels. The desire of this ministry is that they would have ears to hear and eyes to see these truths exposed and not resist them. This website has received a ton of abusive, hateful and long comments in response to this post. That is just too bad, and is rather divisive and unloving. Aren’t we called to speak the truth in love? This post is all truth. If it offends someone, that is their own problem. Maybe they love man’s teachings more than God’s teachings in the Bible. I will ask that people please examine their hearts and make sure that they don’t love man-made/church’s doctrine more than Jesus Christ’s teachings and doctrine. Again, if someone is offended at this post, that is their own fault. I don’t know how much more LOVING and TRUTHFUL I can be! Christianity COMMANDS that we “speak the truth in love” and commands that we protect others from bondages, abuse and pitfalls! That’s true love. I must speak out in order to protect my brothers and sisters in Christ. Silence is not golden. We only wish that others would be protected spiritually and emotionally. In fact, we have seen MANY people in Henderson and elsewhere come out of Calvary Chapel with their own stories of abuse. These people are much happier now, stronger and healthier both spiritually and physically. We pray for the leadership at all Calvary Chapels, and do not hate anyone. We are simply trying to help the people of God with suffering, and there are many.
It has been made clear though (through the hateful, slanderous comments on this post) that the leaders at Calvary Chapels don’t want you reading this. They may falsely accuse that this is “slander” when this is not slander at all – it’s the truth. Across the world, cultic groups or sects have a way of labeling their critics. For example, Chuck Smith called his critic a barking dog and threatened God’s divine retribution on him. Is this a Godly way to act? No, the Bible says to love others and listen to them. You see, when the truth is exposed, even in the most loving and gentle of ways, the character of the critic is horribly attacked. Is that from God, friends? If you don’t believe me, ask Alex Grenier over at the Calvary Chapel Abuse website. He has it all on recording (on youtube). In fact, many Calvary Chapels have slandered (spoken lies and falsehood about) those Christians with the Gift of Discernment. This is why God tells us to not be ignorant of spiritual gifts. God will hold them accountable for this. Ephesians 5:11 commands to have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather, to expose them.
The purpose of this article is solely to comfort the hurting and to encourage very careful Biblical discernment among God’s sheep. This ministry has come across too many shattered hearts coming out of Calvary Chapels. It would not be right or ethical to remain silent and let others suffer alone or in silence even more. LVAE truly wishes God’s best for all people affiliated with Calvary Chapel and for them to have eyes to see the truth. Please understand that this ministry loves and prays for every person at this church. All words on here are the truth spoken with love, not slander (i.e., lies or falsehood). George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), an English writer who wrote under a male pen name, said, “What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?”. If you have landed here and are hurting or bewildered from false spiritual and/or verbal abuse from Calvary Chapel leadership, a few tips to help you in your research and recovery:
- Please search the drop-down menu on the right side of this website for other informative articles about the teachings at Calvary Chapels. Please also view the research done on Calvary Chapel Spring Valley.
- Research the “Moses Model” form of church leadership which many today believe to be a dangerous form of church government which can result in various abuses. Cult expert Rick Ross has stated that this “Moses Model” has been used in abusive groups. Please view the warning signs list made by Rick Ross at the end of this post.
- Research the “Calvary Chapel Distinctives” (the quote, “foundational” document to Calvary Chapels written by a man, Chuck Smith). It’s not just the Bible they go by – it’s the Distinctives as well.
- If you ever meet with leadership at this church, consider taking someone with you as a witness or even prayerfully consider recording in order to establish proof of what is said to you.
- Please be aware of any “Marriage Covenant Relationship Doctrines” among leadership at this church. People in leadership should not be under a “marriage covenant” with each other in any way, shape or form. LVAE believes this is simply unbiblical. A Christian should only have two “marriage covenants” in his or her life: a covenant with the spouse (Mark 10:9) and a covenant with Jesus (2 Cor. 11:2). Also, you might be recorded when you speak to leadership, without your knowledge. If you speak to the pastor’s close friends or family, you may be recorded and it will be replayed for the pastor. Your email correspondence (even if not sent to the church domain but to a private domain of a church leader or counselor) could be shared with other leaders and staff without your permission/knowledge (this has been done before) due to the sharing aspect of the marriage covenant relationship beliefs. Please note that senior leadership at this church has stated that just as a husband and wife don’t hide anything from each other, neither do people in church leadership hide things from each other due to the marriage covenant. This is false teaching because it’s not found anywhere in the Bible.
- If you decide to do another Bible study at another church mid-week other than this church, you might be asked to pray about whether or not CCGV is your home church (i.e., about leaving the church altogether), and might be told that you are divisive for doing another church activity elsewhere and/or that “God is not divisive” (this also has been done before by CCGV staff). If you do other Bible studies in someone else’s house, you may be contacted or frowned upon by the leadership (this has happened). If you are shunned for doing a study somewhere else midweek, be comforted and realize that doing other church activities at other churches is not divisive nor sinful. However, it is very divisive and legalistic for Christian leaders to shun you as evil or divisive for not doing every single activity at their church.
- Oddly, we have seen a few negative business reviews on the web from others come and go. Apparently, some of the comments of Christians who were effected by this church were deleted. We have some screen shots on file of other Christians who left their public comments (but were silenced for one reason or another). If you would like to leave a business review online, you can do so at a number of forums (Yellow Pages, Yelp, etc.). Take a photo though – and see it possibly mysteriously disappear a few days later.
- You may be warned that you “might not enter the promised land” (like Moses) if you question or confront leadership with your words (this has also been done by church staff in the past in order to place fear and mind control on members). This is very twisted. If this happens, please don’t be scared or feel condemned to hell because it’s not the truth. Jesus commanded Christians in 1 John 4:1 to “test the spirits”. It’s perfectly okay (and wise) to ask questions and to dig deeper into your church’s beliefs, teachings and practices. See 2 Timothy 4:2,3. You may also be threatened that God has “taken away your rewards in heaven” if you ask questions or confront false teachings (this also has been done by a leader at CC Costa Mesa). If you contact the headquarters, Costa Mesa, they may convey to you that it’s not important to combat false teachings and that your job and calling is simply to parent (yes, this has been done before). Don’t be surprised if issues are swept under the rug.
- “Where the Matthew 18 process does not pertain however is in the area of directives through church authority” (CCGV Associate Pastor; photo of direct quotes on file). We believe that the Matthew 18:15-17 process (which is scripture) is always valid despite whether or not a situation involves “directives through church authority” (a possibly related scripture is Matthew 15:9). The associate pastor at this church taught that church leaders have a God-given “right to direct others” when operating in their legitimate sphere of authority. LVAE asked what the “legitimate sphere of authority” is (i.e., does this authority extend into the personal lives of people too?), but our legitimate question got ignored by leadership. We believe that while there is a place for Godly submission to legitimate leaders (to a healthy and Biblical extent), only the Lord Jesus (not man) owns the absolute “right” to direct the life of one of His followers (Matthew 16:24). Pastors are not a viceroy. Jesus alone is the mediator between God and men.
- The senior church leadership teaches that church members are (direct quotes) “vertically below” the leadership and “not lateral” to the leaders and therefore Matthew 18:15-17 does not apply to leadership. Members are allowed to use Matthew 18:15-17 on their “friends only – those who are on their same lateral level” but not “leaders above them” because leaders are “above” and do not fall into the category of “brother” in verse 15. In the opinion of LVAE, this is a spirit of elitism and is false. The Bible calls leadership to be humbly the opposite (see 1 Peter 5:3 for an example). All scripture applies to leaders as well.
Hopefully this research has been helpful to you. There has been a plethora of helpful research online about Calvary Chapels via other discernment ministries. Are you here because you are hurting or have been shunned for unscriptural reasons by a Calvary Chapel church? Please be comforted; this is not a rare occurrence in many Calvary Chapel churches and you are clearly not alone (see link below for proof and to view hundreds upon hundreds of testimonies from Christians coming out of Calvary Chapels with their own testimonies of abuse and cruel treatment). Please join this fellowship in praying for this and other churches; the leaders, pastors, staff, and attendees at all Calvary Chapels – and for the Lord to help/bless them in His way. This ministry lovingly prays for all the leaders at CCGV and every Calvary Chapel, and wishes only God’s best for each and every individual – and that includes walking in the truth and love.
Also, Calvary Chapels teach a false teaching about the rapture. Chuck Smith did this too. They teach a secret, pre-trib rapture – which none of the early Christians nor apostles taught. Read this for more information. Here are the origins of the secret rapture theory.
And remember…”Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4) and “Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty” (2 Cor. 3:17). Praise the Lord and Hallelujah!
God bless your day!
Some deleted negative business reviews on Yelp:
Chuck Smith teaches that pastors are not accountable to others which is a false teaching and allows abuse of power: http://lasvegasapologetics.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/do-you-really-know-what-your-calvary-chapel-believes-its-not-just-the-bible-its-the-distinctives/
What are other Christians in Las Vegas searching for on the internet with regard to Calvary Chapels? http://lasvegasapologetics.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/google-search-keywords-what-are-other-people-in-las-vegas-searching-for-about-apologetics-church-abuse-and-cults/
Spiritual Research Network (SRN) former Calvary Chapel Pastor Chris Lawson’s research and findings on the errors/falsehoods of Calvary Chapels: http://www.spiritual-research-network.com/search/index.htm?q=calvary+chapel+&btnSearch=Search *
* Update: Here are Pastor Chris’s new websites – Here is his new missions/ministry support site www.lawsonchristopher.org and his new SRN site/blog is www.spiritualresearchnetwork.com and www.spiritual-research-network.com is one of his websites he was trying to fix. Here is Pastor Chris on Vimeo with helpful, Biblical advice on confronting leaders and warnings about doing so.
Hundreds of online testimonies from the public concerning spiritual abuse at numerous Calvary Chapels (please note that LVAE does not endorse all views expressed on this website): http://calvarychapelabuse.com/wordpress/calvary-chapel-whats-been-your-experience-good-bad-or-ugly/
Do You Really Know what Your Calvary Chapel Teaches? They say they only teach and believe the Bible, but do they add to or twist God’s words via the extra “foundational” document called the “Calvary Chapel Distinctives” written by a guy named Chuck? Please note that Chuck predicted the Lord would return in 1981, and that obviously did not happen. His direct quotes can be found in his writings (encouraging you to do your research). http://lasvegasapologetics.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/do-you-really-know-what-your-calvary-chapel-believes-its-not-just-the-bible-its-the-distinctives/
Hear audio teaching: Chuck Smith teaches his followers that good Mormons can go to heaven… http://lasvegasapologetics.wordpress.com/2012/01/20/chuck-smith-believes-and-teaches-that-some-mormons-are-going-to-heaven-and-are-christian/
It is always important, whatever church you attend (whether a Calvary Chapel or not), to compare the church to Rick Ross’s (Expert Consultant and Intervention Specialist) Cult Warning Signs: http://www.culteducation.com/warningsigns.html
1 John 4
(For other related topics, please search the drop-down menu on the side of this page under “Calvary Chapel”, “Chuck Smith”, “Moses Model”, etc.)
This ministry believes that the public deserves to know the truth. This ministry has no ill will toward any person at CCGV, and it is with great sadness that this is shared. In July of 2013, the Lord impressed upon this ministry to research CCGVCA’s public claim/advertising that they are “members of ACSI”. To clarify, CCGVCA stands for Calvary Chapel Green Valley Christian Academy. ACSI stands for Association of Christian Schools International, a big accrediting company. Surprisingly, the membership department at ACSI said that the school’s membership ceased on June 30, 2010. Oddly, as of July 23, 2013, the erroneous information was still being promoted on the school website for parents and the entire public to see. If you would like to see a screen shot photo of what the school website looked like on July 23, 2013 – please send an email. We have this and other helpful photos on file. The Regional Director of ACSI explained that CCGVCA was “never accredited” with ACSI, ever! They were only members up to June 2010. Please note that membership is much different than accreditation. However, the church school put ACSI in the current “Membership and Accreditation” section of their school website. ACSI said, “they are promoting erroneous information”. Why wouldn’t this important information be updated to reflect the truth in over three years (especially since it appears that the website is updated with the current school newsletter and parent handbooks and/or current school information on a continual basis)? Perhaps three days (or even three months) doesn’t seem too long to have false information or false advertising, but over three years? If the school website is updated continually with new forms, handbooks, announcements, etc., why was this information unchanged to reflect the truth for over three years? God knows. This means that for over three years, parents who decided to send their kids to school at CCGV had false information about the school.
Here is a photo of the email from membership:
- Email from ACSI Membership Department, July 23, 2013 – Please view this link to view the photo that was here, which was removed during an import and deletion of another site: https://dynamitepublishing.com/2014/01/22/ccgv/